Happy almost Republic Day you guys! As we all know, tomorrow is a special day for our country as we became a self sufficient, secular and a sovereign state today, 3 years after India attained its independence. (And no, I won’t drone on about how we got a constitution and how amazing it is to have a strong judicial mechanism!) I’m here to tell the President of the United States of America (who is visiting New Delhi right now) the 10 things he should know about January 26th, and thought you might enjoy them too 🙂 #JaiHind!
1) The parade is gorgeous!
The one thing worth getting up at 6am for!
2) This day celebrates our Constitution.
One of the best things created in India.
3) It’s the last day of the long weekend 😦
And that thought made us cry, even before the weekend began.
4) Delhi during the winter is amazing!
Hey! The song Dilli Ki Sardi was made for a reason.
5) The radio show with NaMo will be interesting…
To say the least!
6) The poster looks like a college festival though!
Remember the good old days when we had ‘pro nights‘ instead of ‘prom nights‘? (Mithibai College students, I’m looking at you).
7) Dr. B. R Ambedkar was the person behind it’s framework.
And he made sure every crazy thing that could possibly happen in the country was taken care off.
8) Our constitution is rather… long!
Actually it’s the longest constitution in the world! You coukd grow old reading it.
9) The prohibition of cow slaughter is also one of the Directive Principles of State Policy.
Mentioned in Article 48 of the constitution. Holy cow indeed!
10) It’s a dry day.
Yep, no cold beer for you Mr. President!
What say? Have I missed anything President Barack Obama should know? Tell me in the comments below!
First posted on MissMalini.